The number of places in our Reception class is 90. In our Nursery there are 80 places available, 40 places in the morning and 40 places in the afternoon.
In Year Application
All parents/carers who wish to apply for a school place at any time in the year will need to contact Brent Council. The council will liaise with you about a school place and will contact you with the outcome of your application. If you are a Brent resident, the quickest and easiest way to apply for a school place is online by visiting www.brent.gov.uk/admissions
Alternatively, you can call Brent School Admissions on 0208 937 3110 Monday to Friday, 11.00am to 5.00pm for an application pack.
Parents applying for a place at Braintcroft E-ACT Primary Nursery need to apply directly to the school. Please contact the school office to pick up your application form.
Regrettably, admission to the Nursery does not guarantee a full-time place with the school. A separate application for a place in Reception needs to be made to Brent Council.
Parents with Pupils in Year 6 applying for a secondary school place
If your child is starting secondary school in September 2020, and was born between 1st September 2008 and 31st August 2009, you will need to apply for a school place before 31st October 2019
Children born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 who will start Reception class at a primary or infant school in September 2020
All parents whose children have a place in our Nursery (September 2019) must apply for a reception place for September 2020 before the closing date on 15th January 2020.
There is no automatic transfer from nursery to reception, and you must apply before the closing date.
Parents/Carers should be aware that they must apply for a nursery place even if there is a sibling already in the school. The pressure on places means that late applications will most probably miss out on a place at the school.
Key dates for Reception Admissions
September / October
School open evenings / open mornings
|1 September 2019||Applications open|
|15 January 2020||Applications deadline|
|16 April 2020||National offer day|
|30 April 2020||Response deadline|
Second round of offers
|30 April 2020||Deadline for applications and changes for the second round|
|Week ending 15 May 2020||Second round of offers|
|22 May 2020||Second round response deadline|
Third round of offers
|22 May 2020||Deadline for applications and changes for the third round|
|Week ending 19 June 2020||Third round offers|
|26 June 2020||Third round response deadline|
|September 2020||Children start school|
Admission Arrangements for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Parents inform the school via the School’s Application Form. The Special Needs Co-ordinator is alerted and if the child has a Statement a formal meeting is set up with the parent, head teacher and Special Needs Co-ordinator to discuss if the school can meet the needs of the child.
- The site manager is informed if any adjustments to the school building need to be made e.g.:- further ramps, toilet facilities, heights of chairs and tables etc.
- Resource implications are discussed – both staffing and equipment.
- The Special Needs Co-ordinator from the previous school is contacted
- The child is discussed and his or her SEN records are requested.
- Liaison with outside agencies takes place and the class teacher is consulted.
- An individual education plan is put in place on admittance.
Admission Arrangements for Pupils with Disabilities
- Doorways are wide enough to allow wheelchair access.
- The parent informs the school via the School’s Admission form.
- The SENCO is informed by SENAS (Special educational needs assessment service) if a child has a Statement. A formal meeting is set up with the parent and the SENCO, to discuss whether the school is able to meet the child’s needs.
- The Special Needs Co-ordinator attends regular training which she cascades to other members of staff through school INSETs. Staff also attend a range of courses to ensure that they have the expertise to support the pupils in their care.
The Department for Education appeals code
- For the DfE’s admissions appeals code click here