Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for ‘free school meals’ and you register them for this, we will receive extra funding called ‘pupil premium’. We use this extra money to improve the educational provision and resources at the school. We have theme days throughout the year and offer varied and nutritious options for meals. You also could access other future funding and support.
If you meet the criteria below, then please apply as soon as possible for your child to be able to access healthy hot school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How to apply for free school meals
You can apply to register your child for a free school meal via Brent and you can check immediately if your child is eligible on https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/. Please speak with the administration office for support with applying. The Academy can also access additional pupil premium funding to support every child who is registered as having access to Free School Meals.
Does my child have to eat the free school meals?
No. Pupils who are registered for free school meals do not have to eat them. If you are eligible but you want your child to have a packed lunch you should still register because the school will receive the funding which can support your child in other ways.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, then your child is entitled to Universal Infant Free School Meals which is separate to Free School Meals. Please ensure that you still apply for Free School Meals, so we can access the additional funding to support your child.